Following a recent blog post from our Chief Product Officer Carlo De Marchis, I’d like to introduce one of our latest products much appreciated by our clients that need to share live sport event with fans.
deltatre’s LiveBlogging is a new way for organisations to cover live events from anywhere by posting micro blogs, comments, pictures, video and social content to a timeline-based stream. It provides a “sense of live” coverage that traditional post-event reporting can not create.
LiveBlogging has been recently used by some of the largest rights holders including European Tour, IRB, Channel 4 and STAR Sports to maximise the engagement around the biggest sporting events on earth.
The reasons why our clients chose our LiveBlogging tool are that it is the ultimate solution to make users feel part of the action, easy to integrate into their digital platforms and perfect to manage peaks and high volume traffic.
European Tour has done some fantastic work in the coverage of one of the most important Tournaments they manage, the BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth. Content was inserted using the tool’s curation console and through the LiveBlogging companion mobile application, by reporters on the Golf course.
The mix between instant photos, links to editorial content available through Forge, the deltatre’s CMS, and curated social media content provided a timely and immersive experience for users, covering the live experience under a different perspective.
Here is a short list of LiveBlogging key features:
Real time storytelling
- Live posts, photos, videos and social content
- Website widget and customisable features
- Live syndication: HTML widgets, JSON or XML feeds
- Ability to power multiple live blogs and external sources
- Curation, publishing and customisation of the content coming from multiple sources
- Instant multi-lingual translations and editorial content
- Ability to have multiple contributors
Experience and navigation
- Instant updates widget for real-time event coverage
- Sharing via Twitter and Facebook
- Intuitive drag and drop interface
- Web based console
Plug and play solution
- Turnkey solution to be integrated into existing digital properties
- Integration with deltatre CMS Forge and external CMS
- SDK API available for a customised experience
Available on mobile
- Create a unique Live experience by following your events on venue
- Post text and images on the go with the mobile app available on IOS and Android
More and more, the list of customer adopting the product is increasing and we are looking forward to add new exiting features to enable our customers producing compelling live experiences on all platforms.