Turin, Italy, 08/17/2016 – Radio Televisión Española (RTVE) has appointed global sport media services company deltatre to build and design RTVE’s Rio 2016 Olympic Games website, smartphone and tablet apps.
In the follow-up of their successful collaboration around the London 2012 Olympic Games – for which RTVE received the Iris Award for best coverage – the two companies have again set to deliver the most comprehensive Olympic coverage to fans across web, mobile, tablet, games consoles and smart TVs.
“We reached our best Olympic digital standards partnering with deltatre in the past; we are thrilled to be able to offer our fans another first-class Olympic experience, making great, exclusive content accessible from anywhere and on any digital device.” – said Alejandro Vega, Chief Digital Officer at RTVE.
deltatre is providing the Spanish broadcaster with its innovative data integrated video player Diva and responsive website solution Forge – supplying a host of online video, results and editorial features with up to 19 live video streams delivered through Microsoft’s Azure Media Services. RTVE has also selected deltatre’s Pocket app solution to deliver fans real-time results from all the competitions, live and on-demand enriched video content through its interactive enhanced video player and editorial content that can be consumed wherever they want, on their mobile devices.
“Fans need a great digital coverage to fully experience the excitement of the Olympic Games more than for any other sport event. We are delighted to grow our relationship with RTVE, helping them again to offer a terrific viewing experience of the world’s greatest multi-sport event. With our solutions and passion we are bringing together RTVE’s Olympic community close to the action and their favourite athletes as the drama unfolds in Rio.” – said Bastien Lacheny, Commercial Director (Spain, France, Benelux) at deltatre.
- Link to RTVE’s Olympic portal: http://rio2016.rtve.es/
- Link to RTVE’s Olympic app:
The Corporación de Radio y Televisión Española S.A. (Spanish Radio and Television Corporation) is the state-owned public corporation that assumed the indirect management of the Spanish public radio and television service. RTVE is the largest audiovisual group in Spain brodcastoing in the spanish language.
In the exercise of its public service function, among the obligations of the RTVE Corporation are:
- Promote dissemination and awareness of constitutional principles and civic values.
- Guarantee the objectivity and truthfulness of information provided, while ensuring that a brad range of views is presented.
- Facilitate democratic debate and the free expression opinion
- Promote the territorial cohesion and linguistic and cultural diversity of Spain.
- Offer access to different genres of programming and the institutional, social, cultural and sporting events that are of interest to all sectors of the audience, paying attention to those topics that are of special interest to the public.
- To serve the widest audience, ensuring maximum continuity and geographical and social coverage, with a commitment to quality, diversity, innovation, and high ethical standards.
RTVE´s own television service comes under the Televisión Española (TVE) division of RTVE. All of TVE´s channels broadcast in Spanish. The channels are: La1, La2, TDP (sport channel), 24Horas (news channel), Clan (kids channel) and TVE International (satellite).
The radio stations come under Radio Nacional de España (RNE) division. The stations are: RNE, Radio Clásica (classical music), Radio3 (alternative and modern music), Radio4 (broadcast in catalan language), Radio5 (news channel) and Radio Exterior (international broadcasting services).
RTVE offer an online website at rtve.es and access to all contents from SmartTV and native apps for mobile devices. These services are managed by RTVE Digital department and allow users to listen and watch live feeds of the networks radio and television stations. The site and apps also features news stories and offer an online catch-up service called “Alacarta”