We are looking for a Lead Engineer to join EMEA and lead a web and apps team. The Lead Engineer will manage all technical resources within the team and will be considered a champion of their technical domain.
- Managing a team: task allocation and prioritisation, and performance
- Work alongside the Product Owner and Project Manager to define how tasks should be defined and built to meet stakeholder requirements
- Champion your technical domain, share knowledge and skills with team and wider organisation
- Lead the team in providing technical assessments and validate or provide estimations for work
- Support and coach the team in technical decision making and drive technical impediment resolution
- Manage and resolve more challenging technical issues, communicating with internal teams and the client where necessary to keep them informed.
- Create, define and implement effective workflows and processes
- Support the recruitment and onboarding of new hires
- Manage and provide on call support when required
- You will be required to travel within the UK and overseas from time to time
- Significant experience relating to your technical domain and demonstrable knowledge of other technology domains
- Relevant work experience in broadcast graphics, digital media or high traffic B2C sectors is essential
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical people alike
- Significant proven success using key technologies across the entire development cycle
- Solid experience of numerous successful deliveries, leading a team in an agile working environment
- Experience and confidence in estimating task completion times for both commercial and sprint planning purposes
- Able to work comfortably and lead others to work with source control and bug tracking software
- Experience in designing workable, lean processes and workflows meeting business requirements and communicating them in a motivational way
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity and ethics
- Thrives in a global, multi-cultural corporate environment
- An interest in sport is great but not essential
How to Apply
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you have any special requirements for the interview process.
Depending on the role the interview may include a practical test as well as an interview.Interested candidates are invited to send a short letter of application and curriculum vitae by e-mail to: email@example.comPlease note that we can only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.