As Senior Visual Designer, you will own large projects from kick-off to completion, often balancing multiple projects at once.
You will act as the lead designer for a project and inspire a multi-disciplinary team to deliver award-winning client work.
This is a role for an individual with outstanding design skills, and strong communication and brand identity know-how.
As a designer, you will focus - but not be limited to - in translating the strategy into amazing graphic interfaces to allow users to efficiently navigate digital products. The visual designer's mission is to create clean, simple, consistent and intuitive navigation paths, translating high-level requirements into interaction flows. Working on different aspects such as visual design, interactions, colors and information architecture, the UI designer is able to create beautiful, intuitive and functional user interfaces.
- Managing a team: task allocation and prioritisation, and performance
- Work alongside the Product Owner and Project Manager to define how tasks should be defined and built to meet stakeholder requirements
- Champion your technical domain, share knowledge and skills with team and wider organisation
- Lead the team in providing technical assessments and validate or provide estimations for work
- Support and coach the team in technical decision making and drive technical impediment resolution
- Manage and resolve more challenging technical issues, communicating with internal teams and the client where necessary to keep them informed.
- Create, define and implement effective workflows and processes
- Support the recruitment and onboarding of new hires
- Manage and provide on call support when required
- You will be required to travel within the UK and overseas from time to time
Qualifications and requirements
- Professional design experience (5+ year).
- An excellent portfolio demonstrating passion and ability, with beautiful interactive digital award winning works.
- Solid experience of traditional as well as digital design. Thorough expertise in grid systems, composition, typography, and color.
- Knowing how to prepare work for multi-channel output from print to TV.
- Experience of common creative software, including Sketch and Adobe CC.
- Good knowledge of design to code software, ability to share mockups or prototypes with a dev team in an easy way, using tools like Zeplin or InVision.
- Good knowledge of design systems, atomic and modular design.
- Passionate about design. A desire and drive to create work people care about.
- Clear detail-oriented attitude.
- Ability to rapid prototype creative concepts.
- Proven experience of scoping, design and presenting works, including creatively leading new business pitches.
- Ability to create strong presentations with Keynote.
- Understanding of interaction design and UX. A good and demonstrable understanding of HTML/CSS skills is important, while complimentary languages/frameworks are a bonus.
- Proficient in spoken and written English. We're a global company.
- Hungry to learn new skills, stay abreast of technical and digital design developments and share learning with the rest of the department.
- Good self-organizational skills, ability to work on multiple projects/tasks.
- Excellent visual, written and oral communication skills that allow you to solve problems as part of a team.
- Open, flexible attitude in collaborating with other team members.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Passionate about design
How to Apply
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you have any special requirements for the interview process.
Depending on the role the interview may include a practical test as well as an interview.Interested candidates are invited to send a short letter of application and curriculum vitae by e-mail to: email@example.comPlease note that we can only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.