The main focus of the Frontend Developer will be to provide technical design and development on high traffic multi-tiered applications, ensuring solutions fit within the full software development life cycle of OTT solutions.
This is a truly fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to put their extensive cloud knowledge and experience as a Frontend Developer to the test; with input into product development and technology strategic direction, as well as supporting a number of projects including live sporting events.
- Use markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintain and improve website
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Design mobile-based features
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Knowledge of React.js Vue.js, Angular.js, CSS GRID, GraphQL, familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Experience with common front-end development tools and preprocessors such as Grunt, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging, Karma.js, Mocha/Chai, Jest, or similar
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, TFS
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field or proven work experience
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone for a screening and those who meet the requirements will be invited to a face-to-face interview.
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments or if you have any special requirements for the interview process. Depending on the role this normally includes a written test and interview.
Please note that we will only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.